Sunday, February 1, 2009

V is for Vulture


A vulture.

Again, with Artsy Animals. I'd call it AA, but that just doesn't sound right, given that I'm working with kids. In math today, we're still working in the Saxton math K curriculum, slowly going through it. My goal is to give them a little bit of math all year, rather than to jam it down their throats for nine months and give them three months off. Instead of doing the assignment exactly, because I'm scizzor phobic lately (too many little pieces of paper to take away from crawling baby!!), I had them use our teddy bear manipulatives to do the adding and subtracting story (they were supposed to color and cut out a few teddy bear pictures, but...)


Zach drew his own pictures & titled them (although I had to write "vampire" over bat for it to fit, he still writes a little big.)

Chayce asked me to draw hers, but then colored it.

No comments: