Monday, January 26, 2009

Y is for Yak


I again am using Artsy Animals Learn to Read. Chayce didn't want to draw her own yak, so I photocopied & let her color the yak from the book. I don't think she cared much today, given that if this were a picture of a princess or ballerina, she'd have stayed in the lines.

Zach took the challenge to draw his own yak. In fact, this is Zac's Yak, see? I used the moment to introduce ownership punctuation. Small lessons add up!


A real Yak.

I used the wikipedia entry on Yaks to provide some information.



Onto math! The neat thing about today (and that I'm learning about home school in general) is that sometimes, what you THINK is going to be a math lesson, turns out to be a reading lesson. For example, today, Zach learned about charts & graphs & following through. For Chayce, she helped match the color word on the outside of the crayon with the color words on the page.

No comments: